It is essential to inspect the trailer before you leave our premises to ensure you are happy with the purchase you have made.
We recommend you follow this steps on a regular basis before use:
1.Tyre must be checked. Ensure all tyres are in good condition and each of tyre
has the recommended tyre pressure.
2. Regularly check all the nuts and bolts and ensure they stay tight.
3. Check the safety chain. Ensure the chain is in good condition.
4. Check lights and wiring. Ensure all the lights work.
5. Check mechanical or electric brakes if the trailer has them. Make sure the brakes work.
Subject to the limitations and qualifications set out below, Trailer Supplies warrants that:
– the Goods and Components are of merchantable quality, fit for purpose, and free from defect for a period of one (1) year from the date of manufacture; and
– Repairs will be performed with due skill and care and fit for the purpose for a period of the warranty date.
Limitations on Warranty
Our Warranty does not apply to any claim in respect of Goods, Components or Repairs arising out of or in consequence directly or indirectly from any of the following:
(a) wear and tear;
(b) any failure to properly maintain and/or service;
(c) improper use, maltreatment, carelessness, neglect, including but not limited to carrying loads or use in excess of structural or legal capacity;
(d) use that is not in accordance with any instructions given by Trailer Supplies;
(e) intentional, inadvertent or accidental damage;
(f) exposure to any chemical, substance, the atmosphere, weather, heat, moisture or any other element;
(g) inadequate or improper storage, transportation or maintenance;
(h) modification, conversion, alteration or adjustment made without the written authorisation of Trailer Supplies or its authorised representative;
The Warranty does not apply to second hand wheels or tyres on any trailer.
How to Claim Under This Warranty
To make a claim the Buyer must:
– contact Trailer Supplies by telephone or email and give a description of the facts surrounding the claim and any other information required by Trailer Supplies within 30 days after the Buyer noticed or ought reasonably have noticed the matter giving rise to the claim; and,
– return the Goods and/or Components to Trailer Supplies as directed at the Buyer’s own expense within 30 days of making a claim; and
– provide Trailer Supplies with evidence of purchase satisfactory to Trailer Supplies
If the Buyer does not comply with these requirements, it may in its absolute discretion deny the claim and Trailer Supplies is thereupon absolved of all liability under this Warranty.
Subject to Trailer Supplies obligations under the Australian Consumer Law that may not be excluded, modified or restricted, under the Warranty Trailer Supplies liability is limited as follows:
For Goods or Components Trailer Supplies may in its absolute discretion:
(a) repair the Goods or Components; or
(b) replace the Goods or any Components therein; or,
(c) refund the price paid; if the trailer is in the same condition as purchased or is not modified at the request of the client;
For Repairs, Trailer Supplies may in its absolute discretion:
(a) repair the Goods or Components again; or,
(b) refund the price paid for the Repairs.
Trailer Supplies liability does not include or extend to the costs (including labour costs) of transportation of Goods or Components to or from Trailer Supplies premises.
Goods or Components accepted by Trailer Supplies for Repair may at its absolute discretion be repaired with refurbished goods or components. Any Goods or Components replaced become the property of Trailer Supplies.
Australian Consumer Law
Under the Australian Consumer Law, in certain circumstances, the Goods and Components are subject to guarantees that cannot be excluded. These guarantees apply in addition to other rights and remedies the Buyer may have. The guarantees apply to a Buyer where:
(a) the amount paid or payable for the Goods or Components does not exceed $40,000.00 (except where the Goods are not of a kind ordinarily acquired for personal, domestic or household use or consumption, and the Manufacturer has limited its liability in a manner permitted by the Australian Consumer Law, in which case the Buyer’s rights are limited to that extent);
(b) the Goods are of a kind ordinarily acquired for personal, domestic or household use or consumption; or
(c) the Goods are a trailer acquired for use principally in the transport of goods on public roads, unless the Buyer acquired the Goods for the purpose or re-supply or the purpose of using it up or transforming it in trade or commerce,
The Buyer is entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. The Buyer is also entitled to have the Goods repaired or replaced if the Goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
1. Check that the fastening of tyre nuts every 500km and tighten as required.
2. Apply grease to any greasable bolts every 2,000km via a grease gun,
3. Check bearings every 2,000km to ensure there are no adjustments needed.
4. If you are unable to complete the maintenance tasks listed, please contact us and book in for a service every 6/12months depending on use.
“New trailers sold by Trailer Supplies are covered by a twenty-four (24) month structural Warranty (12 months for commercial use).
This warranty period is valid from the date of original purchase and covers all products against defective materials. (Jockey wheel, bearings, tyres, wheels, brake pads & serviceable parts are excluded). Therefore, please follow the above steps of inspection to check trailers before pickup. In addition, we strongly suggest customers to regularly maintain and service bearings as above or bring the trailer back to us to be serviced.
The warranty does not apply to any trailer which has been subjected to an accident, improper installation, modification, adjustment, repair, misuse, misapplication, neglect, including but not limited to improper maintenance, or use of unauthorised parts or attachments.